Gosh, how did that happen?
OK - Works for Me Wednesday, round two: Peaceful bedtime.
Coio is a typical five-year old (for another week, anyway). Up until recently bedtime has been bath-jams-teeth-prayer-story-nightnight music . . . followed by an hour of trips to the bathroom (for obvious reasons) or the kitchen (I need a drink!!) or living room (I just have to tell you something . . . ).
But that has all stopped.
A few weeks ago I told her she could come out of her room three times - not counting bathroom trips - and that after that her bedroom door would be closed. Now, her door is usually left cracked, but she does have a nice night-light, so it wouldn't be totally dark. Since she wants her door open, she took to the routine very quickly. Now she carefully keeps track of the times she comes out of her room, and after two times out she stays in bed.
AAAHHHHH, peace.
It works for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment