We had really hoped to move into the new building over the holiday break. It was *finally* happening, and we were going to be into our new beautiful home.
If only.
The city has denied us the occupancy permit for reasons that I missed, but the result is that we get to start school again on the 7th in the old upper-school building. The WHOLE school in the upper-school building. We're going to be running half-days for at least one week, and possibly two, with the lower elementary meeting in the morning from 8:30 to 12:30 and the upper elementary/junior high meeting from 12:00 to 4:00. The high school will meet next door in the city youth center.
It will be far less than ideal, and it is CERTAIN to freak Coio out. The consolation I get is that my class - while on the boarder between lower and upper elementary - will meet with the lower elementary, so I'll be on the premises at the same time as she will be.
Someday we will get to use the new building. Until then, we will make do.
No comments:
Post a Comment