Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's been HOW LONG?

Yes, it's been several months since I last logged on. It's not like I don't spend enough time online, but I've never been a very good journal keeper. I'd like to do better.

School is starting up again in little more than two weeks. Where did the summer go? One of the big drags of being a first year teacher is the mountain of prep work that has to be done before the students come back. At least it really only has to be done once, though. Next summer ought to be much better (yes, I'm already looking forward to *next* summer - what of it?).

The students don't come back until August 18th, but I have to report back to work on the 11th. That is a week from Monday! I'm panicking a bit over here. Will I be ready? (No) Will I be OK even though I'm not ready? (Probably) I'm having anxiety dreams and even thinking about it too long - like long enough to write this - gets my heart thumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment