Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm Convinced

Being a stay-at-home-mom is not for me. I enjoyed being home with Coio when she was a baby - but I started working from home when she was one and a half and have worked ever since. Today was my first day home with the kids, by myself, since C-Rex was a newborn. My parents are out of town, so it was just us three, and I darn near drove myself mad. Being alone with two little people and my thoughts is NOT my idea of a good time. So, no, I don't want to be a SAHM. I'm seriously looking for work.

Today I called on a CNA job posting from the classifieds, and it's just not going to work. The available hours won't work for me, and I don't really want to change sheets. So I don't know about nursing school. I'd really like to do it, but I don't know if I can. Maybe I'll try to get a job at a bank. Part time if possible for now with the idea that when C-Rex is a bit bigger I could go back to work full time.

What would be really cool would be for Suzanne to be able to work her magic and get me hired on as a virtual whatever for her university. She's doing what she can, but it's anyone's guess how long it could be before I'd have a bead on whether or not it will work out.

I'm feeling desperate today, but it's probably largely due to the fact that I didn't have anything to do today but obsess about work and money. I'm hopeful that tomorrow - when things go back to semi-normal - I'll be able to relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment